Welcome to the Hutchinson Regional Airport
The Hutchinson Regional Airport has been a business aviation center of the Midwest for more than 40 years. Much more than just a place to land, it is a benefit-packed resource for pilots, passengers, and businesses that use and serve general aviation located just three miles from downtown. The Hutchinson Airport is Class IV FAA Airport with 3 runways capable of handling corporate aircraft. Charter service is available. Hutchinson strives to provide the environment and physical assets necessary to meet and maintain world-class aviation support services, specifically designed to meet your needs.
The "down home" Midwest hospitality, along with the first class professional facilities and personnel, sets Hutchinson apart from services normally associated with a busy complex aviation facility. A 7,000 foot all weather runway, and 2 cross wind runways, the longest being 6,000 foot, precision approaches, FAA Control Tower, and a regional FAA Technical Operations Center makes Hutchinson the "right choice" when choosing an airport in South Central Kansas.
The Mission of the Hutchinson Airport shall be to provide a safe, efficient, dependable and attractive first class public facility that professionally serves the users and tenants. The airport will strive to maintain its role as a major air transportation facility for the region, while continuing to be a responsive and responsible neighbor to the surrounding community.
Daily operations at the airport are funded by money generated from leases and contracts with the tenants and other businesses using airport facilities and is subsidized from the City of Hutchinson's general fund. Grants from the Federal Aviation Administration are received on a matching basis for the funding of qualifying improvement projects. Federal grants are funded mainly by federal taxes on airline tickets, aviation fuel and cargo shipments.
The airport owns and maintains the basic infrastructure: the terminal, the runways, runway lighting, and navigation systems. The airport is, in effect, a landlord because it leases space to private companies to conduct business or to farmers for growing and harvesting crops. Airports do not run control towers. They are overseen by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) which is part of the federal government. Towers are staffed by the FAA, or private companies that under contract with the FAA. The control tower at the Hutchinson Municipal Airport is owned by the City and staffed by the FAA through a 3rd party contract.
- The Hutchinson Airport Advisory Committee meetings will be held on the 3rd Tuesday of each month, beginning at 4:00pm (22:00 UTC) until 5:00pm (23:00 UTC) beginning March 17th, 2020.
- The Hutchinson Airport Advisory Committee has 3 openings for voting members. If you are interested in aviation, business development, airshow/fly-in planning and have an interest in learning more about the City of Hutchinson and the role that the Hutchinson Regional Airport plays, please contact the airport manager or any member of the existing committee. Their contract information can be found on this site. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
Current Airport Projects
- Runway 13/31 crackseal & sealcoat. (projected fall 2020)
- Hangar 2 floor refurbish. (projected April/May 2020)
- New 12k gallon 100LL Bulk Fueling System (May 2020)
- New T-Hangar concrete flat work and access road/gate
- Control Tower flooring replacement
- Terminal Building Lobby restroom model (summer 2020)
- Airport Steakhouse Roof repair/replacement