Building Trades Board
- When: 4th Tuesday of every month at 4:00 pm on an as-needed basis
- Where: Executive Conference Room at City Hall, 125 E Ave B
The nine (9) member Board is appointed by the Mayor with the consent of the Governing Body of the City of Hutchinson. Membership on the Committee is limited to one (1) three year term. However, one (1) year appointees are eligible to be reappointed to serve an additional three (3) year term.
- Kelly McMurphy
- Jeff Thomson
- Jack Martin
- Curtis Mitchell
- Dusty Moore
- Justin Ray
- Jon Richardson
- Ron Sturgeon
- Laura Meyer Dick
Members shall consist of the following:
- One (1) licensed by the state as an architect or as an engineer.
- One (1) licensed general contractor or an employee of such contractor.
- One (1) licensed building contractor or an employee of such contractor.
- One (1) licensed residential contractor or an employee of such contractor.
- One (1) licensed plumbing contractor or an employee of such contractor.
- One (1) licensed electrical contractor or an employee of such contractor.
- One (1) licensed mechanical contractor or an employee of such contractor.
- Two (2) members shall be appointed at-large
Vacancies shall be filled in the manner of the original appointment for the remainder of the unexpired term. The Building Official shall be an Ex-Officio, non-voting member of the Board and shall serve as the Secretary of the Board keeping minutes of the Board meetings.
The Board is established to (a) determine questions of act as to the acceptability and adequacy of alternate materials, equipment and types of construction, (b) provide for the review of decisions of the Building Official in the interpretation of all regulations of Chapter 21 of the Code, (c) determine the qualifications of applicants for the licenses and certificates established and required by Chapter 21, (d) approve the examination standards as required by Kansas Statutes and any amendments thereto, (e) render decisions on all appeals of the interpretation of building codes and disciplinary hearing relating to the limitation, suspension or revocation of any contractor license, registration or certificate, and (f) act in an advisory capacity to the City Council in amending and/or revising regulations of Chapter 21.
Created by Ordinance 2018-26.
Meetings and Attendance Policy
Individual meetings may be cancelled upon mutual consent of the chairperson and City staff if it is determined that there exists a lack of items for the Committee to discuss. Notice of meeting cancellations shall be mailed at least three (3) days prior to the meeting's regularly scheduled date. Resolution No. 2744, Section 4, states "That members shall be required to attend not less than 75% of regular meetings."