Hutchinson Youth Commission
Meetings are held on the first and third Monday of each month at 6:30 p.m. The location of each meeting can be found on its agenda.
Agendas & Minutes
- Kian Williams - Chair
- Zoe Bass – Vice Chair
- Emma Dillon
- Jonathan Fan
- Lance Goering
- Kobe Harding
- Will Jackson
- Jacob Unruh
- Sarah Peterson
- Micah Wenger
- Auhneicye Grissom (HHRC liaison)
The Commission shall consist of 11 members. The Commission shall elect a chairperson and vice-chairperson. Members will be recommended by the Hutchinson Youth Commission (HYC) advisors and approved by the City Manager or their designee based on merit and fitness of the duties required.
Selection Process for Hutchinson Youth Commission Members
- Submit applications and supporting documentation to HYC advisor, Glenna Burden.
- Applications are reviewed by HYC advisors. A review committee may be appointed to aid in the review/recommendation process.
- Recommendations are presented to the City Manager or their designee for approval.
- Applications for the position of Commission member will be accepted between May 1 and May 31 for the following school year.
- Provide an opportunity for the youth of Hutchinson to acquire a greater knowledge of and appreciation for local governing through active participation.
- Make recommendations to the Hutchinson City Council regarding issues and concerns within the city impacting youth residents.
- Serve the youth of Hutchinson by:
- Informing the City Council of issues for the youth of Hutchinson.
- Planning and implementing social, educational, cultural and recreational activities that engage youth in the community.
- Working with the City Council, City Department Heads, USD 308, the Chamber of Commerce, civic clubs, and service organizations to provide service and leadership opportunities for the youth of Hutchinson.
- Promote community pride and eliminate potential negative influences among our future community leaders.