- When: 1st and 3rd Tuesday of every month at 9:00 am
- Where: City Council Chambers at City Hall, 125 East Avenue B
- The public is allowed 5 minutes at each meeting for topics not already on the agenda.
- If a topic is on the agenda, the public is allowed time to speak if possible.
- Agendas are available at the meeting. The entire council packet is available in our Agenda Center.
- Meetings are streamed live as well as archived on the City of Hutchinson YouTube channel.
Accessibility: Anyone who requires an auxiliary aid or service for effective communication at a City Council meeting (or any City program, service or activity), should contact Rebekah Keasling, Director of Public Information, at 620-259-4118 (TDD/TTY KS Relay Center 7-1-1) or at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible but no later than 48 hours before the scheduled meeting.
Your Elected Officials
Mayor David Inskeep, City-at-Large
620-662-6674 | Email | Term expires January, 2020
Vice Mayor Jade Piros de Carvalho, Northeast District
620-200-1167 | Email | Term expires January, 2020
Steve Dechant, Southeast District
620-662-5234 | Email | Term expires January, 2020
Nancy Soldner, Southwest District
620-665-5823 | Email | Term expires January, 2022
Jon Daveline, Northwest District
620-664-2111 | Email | Term expires January, 2022
The Governing Body consists of 5 council members, with 1 elected at-large and 4 elected by districts on a non-partisan basis. All district members are elected to 4-year terms; the at-large member is elected to a 2-year term. The mayor and vice-mayor are then selected for a 1-year term by the Council members. The City enacted term limitations for the council in 1994, and no one shall serve consecutively for more than 1 partial term plus 2 consecutive 4-year terms.
The Council establishes and sets the policy of the City. The Council hires a city manager to carry out the policies and laws of the City, to administer the approved budget, serve as the chief administrative officer of the City and to conduct the daily business of the City.
See a map of the Council members' districts (PDF).