Animal Control

The Animal Control Department enforces City of Hutchinson ordinances that govern the housing and care of animals. Those enforcement activities include returning stray dogs to their owners, investigating animal cruelty or neglect and violations of dangerous animal laws. An Animal Control Officer is on regular duty Monday through Sunday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., and emergency duty Monday through Sunday, 6 p.m. to 8 a.m.

Dog License

All dogs that live in the city limits of Hutchinson need to be licensed with the city.  The license must be renewed each year.  You will need proof of a current rabies vaccine for the dog to obtain a license.  Licenses are sold at area Veterinarians, City Hall and the Shelter.
      Fees:  Altered dog with microchip $10
                 Altered dog without microchip $15
                 Unaltered dog with microchip $45
                 Unaltered dog without microchip $50

Where to get License:
Hutchinson Animal Shelter
City Hall
Apple Lane Animal Clinic
Prairie Vista Animal Clinic
Central Kansas Animal Clinic
Country Junction
Hutchinson Small Animal Clinic

Click here for City Ordinances

City License Application