The Hutchinson Police Department Records Division is responsible for the handling and dissemination of Police records and reports that are created by the Hutchinson Police Department and the Reno County Sheriff Department.
Open Public Records
The Kansas Open Records Act (KORA) requires that documents and materials that fall within KORA’s definition of “public records” shall be open for inspection by any person unless specifically exempted by K.S.A. 45-221. However, KORA recognizes that some records contain information which is private in nature and that information will not be available. You may review the KORA by visiting the Kansas Legislature website.
KORA authorizes public agencies to charge fees for providing access to or furnishing copies of public records. These fees may be requested in advance and may include:
- Cost of staff required to make the information available.
- Cost of copying or reproducing the record.
How to request a record:
Fill out the the Records Request Form, as thoroughly as possible and email the completed form to HPDRecords@renolec.com, or print and mail the request to the HPD Records Department at 210 West 1st, Hutchinson, KS 67501. The Records requests should be specific in terms of dates, case #’s and other information content, so that we may understand, search and provide records that are responsive.
Once we have reviewed your request a Technician from the Records Department will be in touch for any further questions, to address any fees and to arrange for pick up.
Our Records office phone number is 620-694-2865
- Research, Compilation and/or Data Transfer fee: $35.00 per hour
- 911 Dispatch Recovery (ex. Audio, Incident info): $100.00 + Research, Compilation and/or Data Transfer fee
- Criminal History Check (lists any tickets & Arrest): $15 fee + Research, Compilation and/or Data Transfer fee
- Photocopies of Accident Reports: $5.00 per Accident
- Photocopies of All other documents: $1.00 per sheet
- Documents located at the Mine: $25.00 + Research, Compilation and/or Data Transfer fee
- Photographs (printed in color): $1.00 per photo
- CD/DVD: $5.00 per disk + Research, Compilation and/or Data Transfer fee
- Postage: At Cost
- Records not identified: Cost to produce + Research, Compilation and/or Data Transfer fee