Built in 1902 as part of the generous legacy of Andrew Carnegie who donated money for libraries to be built all across the United States. Hutchinson applied for those funds and was awarded $15,000 in 1902. L.A. Bunker (Louis Arthur Bunker) donated the land and C.W. Squires, an architect from Emporia Kansas drew up the plans. This beautiful structure stands today at 5th and Main and is used as the Unior Labor Temple.