- When: 1st and 3rd Tuesday of every month at 9:00 am
- Where: City Council Chambers at City Hall, 125 East Avenue B
- NOTICE: To slow the spread of COVID-19, City Hall is currently closed to the public.
- Meetings are streamed live as well as archived on the City of Hutchinson YouTube channel, they can also be viewed on Facebook Live and Channel 7.
- The entire council packet is available in our Agenda Center.
- Those who want to contact their elected officials about items on the agenda or other issues are encouraged to do so. Their contact information can be found below.
Accessibility: Anyone who requires an auxiliary aid or service for effective communication at a City Council meeting (or any City program, service or activity), should contact Rebekah Keasling, Director of Public Information, at 620-259-4118 (TDD/TTY KS Relay Center 7-1-1) or at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible but no later than 48 hours before the scheduled meeting.
Your Elected Officials
Mayor Jade Piros de Carvalho, Northeast District
620-200-1167 | Email | Term expires January, 2024
Vice Mayor Nancy Soldner, Southwest District
620-665-5823 | Email | Term expires January, 2022
Jon Daveline, Northwest District
620-664-2111 | Email | Term expires January, 2022
Steve Garza, Southeast District
620-899-5977 | Email | Term expires January, 2024
Sara Bagwell, City-at-Large
620-314-8948 | Email | Term expires January, 2022
The Governing Body consists of 5 council members, with 1 elected at-large and 4 elected by districts on a non-partisan basis. All district members are elected to 4-year terms; the at-large member is elected to a 2-year term. The mayor and vice-mayor are then selected for a 1-year term by the Council members. The City enacted term limitations for the council in 1994, and no one shall serve consecutively for more than 1 partial term plus 2 consecutive 4-year terms.
The Council establishes and sets the policy of the City. The Council hires a city manager to carry out the policies and laws of the City, to administer the approved budget, serve as the chief administrative officer of the City and to conduct the daily business of the City.
See a map of the Council members’ districts (PDF).